INFORMATION ABOUT OUR CURRENT GATHERINGS

Family Pastor Opening

Job Description

Overall Purpose  

To oversee the nurture, teaching, discipling, and sending of Grace Church young people from 0 to 18 so they are coming to faith, growing spiritually, and leading others to Christ in Abu Dhabi, all for the glory of Jesus Christ. 

Specific Areas of Responsibility 

To oversee the Grace Kids Ministry, covering babies through age 11. This includes: 

  • Procuring curriculum that emphasizes the gospel, explains doctrine, encourages Bible memorization, and urges children to trust, love, worship, and follow Jesus. 
  • Recruiting, training, and nurturing a team of children’s ministry workers who lead classes, love the children, and teach the children. The goal is that parents and other volunteers serve in Children’s Ministry (and thus miss the weekend service) one weekend a month. 
  • Developing resources to encourage family devotions, discipleship, and evangelism in and through the home.
  • Lead and run our Friday Kids Church, which takes place in multiple meeting rooms at the hotel.  

To oversee the Grace Youth Ministry, covering age 12 through high school. This includes: 

  • Recruiting, training, and nurturing a team of youth ministry workers who love, evangelize, discipleand teach the Grace Church Youth. 
  • Developing and planning Youth Ministry gatherings which will nurture Grace Church Youth in trusting Christ, learning God’s Word, loving each other, and growing spiritually, and which will help the youth bring others to faith. 
  • Developing resources to encourage family devotions, discipleship, and evangelism. 
  • Lead and teach at the youth weekly gatherings. 

About Grace Church Abu Dhabi  

Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates, which is a Muslim country. Roughly 80 percent of the population have come from other countries for the jobs, and the remaining 20 percent are native citizens. Abu Dhabi is a strategic and influential city in the Middle East. Grace Church is an English-speaking church made up of people from all different races planted 5 years ago. By God’s grace we now have over 300 people in our worship gatherings, including children. We are passionate about worshiping Christ, studying God’s word, fighting the fight of faith, loving each other, reaching the lost, and planting churches. We are part of the Acts 29 church-planting network.

The leadership is Reformed in theology, Complementarian regarding men’s and women’s roles, and exploring what it means to be biblically Continuationist regarding spiritual gifts. We follow a plural-elder-led congregationalist model of church government (see Gregg Allison’s Sojourners and Strangers: The Doctrine of the Church, pp.294-317). We have two full-time staff: I am Pastor of Vision and Preaching, and Ben Smith is Pastor of Worship and Discipleship. And now we are seeking to add a full-time Family Pastor.

Our church community is built around home groups, which are intergenerational communities of 8 to 20 people who gather weekly in homes to bear each other’s burdens, study God’s Word, pray for each other, do evangelism training and planning, and worship Jesus Christ. Our corporate worship involves Christ-centered hymns and contemporary songs, mixed with prayer and scripture. We give room for spiritual gifts to be shared during our worship gathering, and love preaching through books of the Bible.

This would be a full-time position with roughly half the time devoted to the children’s ministry, and half the time to the youth. And we would be thrilled if, in time, the Lord used this leader to develop a college ministry, as New York University has an Abu Dhabi campus. Here is a ministry description regarding the areas of children and youth.

Our goal is to have this position be entirely funded by Grace Church, but we are not yet able to do that. So at this point we would need your wife to work, or for you to raise more than half of your financial support. If you are interested in this position, we can talk more about what this would mean, and give you some contacts who might be interested in supporting you financially.

How to Apply

If you would love being part of a team committed to building a Christ-glorifying, church-planting church in the Middle East, send your resume / CV and recommendations to elders@gracechurchabudhabi.com

 

Services Footer