Steps to Take
First, attend a”Grace Church Membership Class,” which will explain the vision of Grace Church, and what it means to become a member. These classes are held quarterly.
Then, if you decide you want to join Grace Church, sign the Grace Church Membership Covenant (see below), and give it to the leader of the Home Group you will be connecting with.
That leader will set up a time with you to get to know you, answer any of your questions, and see how he can be praying for you.
Then your name and all the names of those who want to join the church will be emailed to the church membership, so the members can give feedback. The reason we do this is because church members vote on significant issues in the life of the church, and we want to be sure that all the new members are genuinely trusting Jesus and growing in him.
If you have any questions about this process, please email Pastor Steve at PastorSteveFuller@gmail.com.
Here is the Grace Church Membership Covenant:
I testify that I have been saved from my sins and God’s wrath solely by His grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that I have been baptized in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.I have read and agree with the Grace Church Statement of Faith, am excited about the vision of Grace Church, and want to become a member of Grace Church.Therefore, by God’s grace, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, I purpose to:
- Regularly seek the Lord through prayer and reading of God’s Word, nurturing love for Jesus Christ, battling sin and temptation, and receiving Christ’s grace and forgiveness when I stumble (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1; 1 Timothy 6:12; 1 John 1:9).
- Do all I can to become part of a Grace Church Home Group, and to regularly participate in Friday Worship (Acts 2:42-47; Hebrews 3:12-14; Hebrews 10:24).
- Be engaged in obeying the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
- Use my time, talents, and spiritual gifts to advance the vision of Grace Church (Romans 12:6-8; Ephesians 5:15-16).
- Support the vision of Grace Church with regular, joyful, and sacrificial giving (1 Corinthians 9:14; Galatians 6:6; 2 Corinthians 9:7).
- Preserve the unity, purity, and peace of the church by practicing the humble and loving attitude of Christ, considering the needs of others, avoiding gossip, not creating division, and nurturing godly relationships (Colossians 3:12-14).
- Follow biblical church discipline as taught in Matthew 18:15-17, and be submissive to church discipline if the need arises.
- Pray for and uphold the leaders of Grace Church, and submit to their leadership as they faithfully submit to Christ (Hebrews 13:17).
- Come under the Scriptures as the final authority on all issues (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Promptly share any concerns regarding Grace Church with an elder or my Home Group leader, and not allow any concerns to fester (Ephesians 4:26).
By signing this covenant I am stating that it is my sincere desire to fulfill these commitments, and that I know I can only fulfill them by God’s grace.
May God be glorified and the church strengthened through my being a part of Grace Church.