Grace Church Abu Dhabi is hiring a temporary, part-time Grace Kids Director for the interim period during which we are searching for a Family Pastor to join our staff. This position will be a paid staff position and we estimate that this person will be on staff for about 6 months. The position will involve leading our children’s ministry, which involved 40+ volunteers and 100+ children pre-COVID.
To oversee the nurturing, teaching, and discipling of Grace Church children ages 0 to 12, leading them to faith and in their spiritual growth, all for the glory of Jesus Christ.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
This position will include different responsibilities while under the current COVID restrictions, which do not allow us to hold children's ministry in person. When the restrictions are lifted, there will be changes in the areas of responsibility involved.
While under current COVID restrictions:
- Developing engaging ways to reach kids and equip parents virtually or with gatherings that follow current governmental safety guidelines.
- Effectively using current curriculum through the Gospel Project or videos through RightNow Media that emphasize the gospel, explain doctrine, encourage Bible memorization, and urge children to trust, love, worship, and follow Jesus.
- Encourage parents in supporting their children who are attending the in-person services.
- Preparing a plan to effectively relaunch Grace Kids ministry on Friday or Saturday mornings when COVID restrictions are lifted.
When COVID restrictions are lifted:
- Overseeing the Grace Kids ministry on either Friday or Saturday mornings, depending on where we are able to meet.
- Recruiting, training, and nurturing a team of children’s ministry workers who lead classes, love the children, and teach the children. The goal is that parents and other volunteers serve in Children’s Ministry (and thus miss the weekend service) one weekend a month.
- Managing curriculum procured by the elders that emphasizes the gospel, explains doctrine, encourages Bible memorization, and urges children to trust, love, worship, and follow Jesus.
- Recommending resources to the elders that encourage family devotions, discipleship, and evangelism in and through the home.
If you are interested in this position, please fill out our application below.