The goal at Grace Kids is that your child has fun learning the truth of God's Word, singing worship songs, and participating in activities, games, and craft-time with their peers. Our volunteers are excited to speak words of truth and love to your child while helping them to feel comfortable and enjoy the morning so you can enjoy the service.
WHAT TO EXPECT
If it’s your first time visiting with us, you’ll find Grace Kids on the Mezzanine level of the Radisson Blu Hotel. Right off the elevators, you’ll see our check-in area. We’ll assist you with sign up, give you some information and escort your child to their classroom.
We ask that parents register their children on Friday mornings before 10:15am in order for their children to take part in Grace Kids.
NURSERY & PRESCHOOL
- Nursery - Our youngest children from sitting up on their own through age 2 meet in the Red Classroom. Our Nursery volunteers care for the little ones; reading stories, singing songs, praying, and playing with them. For the older 1 and 2-year-olds, a short Bible Storytime and coloring page is the highlight of the morning.
- Threes - Three-year-olds meet in the Orange Classroom and have free-play with toys, a short Bible Storytime, Gospel memory-work, and lots of singing and playing and a small snack.
- Fours - Four-year-olds are dropped off in the Yellow Classroom where they have a time of free-play with toys, then join the Three-year-olds for a short Bible storytime, then continue in the Yellow Classroom for coloring, Gospel memory-work, and a small snack. They re-join the Three-year-olds for a time of fun worship songs and are picked up from the Orange Class.
SCHOOL AGED CHILDREN
- Fives - Five-year-olds are dropped off in the Green Classroom where they participate in group activities or a simple craft. Next, they move into the Bible Storytime, learning from The Gospel Project Curriculum. Then, into their Worship time working on a memory verse and singing praises with fun hand-motions. Finally, they have a time of games and activities in the Purple Classroom, where they are picked up.
- Sixes - Six-year-olds are dropped off in the Blue Classroom where they participate in group activities or a simple craft. Next, they move into the Bible Storytime, learning from The Gospel Project Curriculum. Then, into their Worship time working on a memory verse and singing praises with fun hand-motions. Finally, they have a time of games and activities in the Purple Classroom, where they are picked up.
- Sevens and Eights - Seven and eight-year-olds are dropped off in the Purple Classroom where they have a Bible Story time learning from The Gospel Project Curriculum, then move to a time of Worship working on a memory verse and singing praises with fun hand-motions. Finally, they move back to the Purple Classroom for Group Activities or a simple craft, then have a short time of games and activities and are picked up from the Purple Classroom.
- Nine through Twelves - The final class for Grace Kids is for children in the last years of elementary or primary school. This class prepares them for moving to the service with the parents. These children are checked in upstairs prior to the service, but then join their parents downstairs for the worship time. They are dismissed before the Pastor’s message. Once upstairs, the class spends some time building relationships with activities, then learns from the Bible, asking and answering questions and engaging in Bible-study based discussion. They are picked up from the Purple Class.
We ask that parents pick their children up promptly after the service, handing their pick-up ticket to the class volunteer and immediately leave the pick-up hallways with their children in order to allow our volunteers to pick up their own children and begin turning our fun-filled classrooms back into hotel conference rooms until next week.
Grace Church uses the Gospel Project Curriculum. Take a look at this video describing the Gospel Project:
Want to make a difference in shaping the next generation? Our curriculum is based on helping kids understand who Jesus is and what He’s done for them. Volunteer opportunities range from caring for young children infants to teaching Elementary-aged students. Non-classroom opportunities such as computer check-in are also available.
If you're interested in volunteering or would like more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps.